Love the aroma and flavor of freshly baked bread but don’t have time to do the work it takes to make it? The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Bread maker lets you add ingredients, select a setting and walk away, returning to a delicious loaf that’s exactly what you are craving.
With numerous menu settings for a variety of baked goods, this bread machine features three different crust shades plus a delay timer that lets you wake up or come home to the welcoming aroma of warm bread. Best of all, when you make your own bread, you are in complete control of the ingredients. Most store-bought breads are loaded with preservatives, added sugar, and more salt than homemade loaves; making your own means you can use whole-grain flour, sprouts, and other specialty ingredients to suit your needs. With the Zojirushi Virtuoso, you can even make gluten-free breads using a special setting. This feature really does set it apart from many other models.
A removable inner liner with a durable nonstick coating makes cleanup quick and easy. Dual blades ensure thorough kneading for the best rise possible, and a viewing window lets you check your recipe’s progress. From basic rectangular loves to dough for creating artisanal braided, baguette, or round loaves, the Zojirushi Home Bakery delivers variety while adding convenience to your baking routine.
A wonderful choice even for the smallest kitchen, this bread maker has a modest footprint for easy storage in a cupboard or on a countertop. Its attractive black and stainless steel exterior complements a variety of popular kitchen appliances.
These are just a few highlights. Read on for more details about the pros and cons that come with owning the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Bread maker.
Removable Nonstick Baking Pan
Like most bread makers, the Home Bakery Virtuoso has a removable baking pan that allows you to easily extract baked bread or finished dough. Some models I’ve tried have no handles, which makes for difficult removal. The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 is different, with handles at each end of the baking pan. The machine’s designers did a nice job with this feature; the handles are specifically designed to make removal easy. Once the pan has been removed from the bread maker, its nonstick lining makes it simple to remove the contents, and allows for easy cleanup as well. The mixing paddles detach from the pan for cleanup, removing any potential
A separate heater inside the bread maker’s lid ensures even baking, similar to that which takes place inside a traditional oven. This innovative feature results in loaves that look like they’re fresh from the bakery.
One of the nicest features the Zojirushi Home Bakery has to offer, the time delay function lets you add ingredients as usual, and then set a timer for up to 13 hours in advance. This means that you can set your bread maker to start operating about two hours before you wake up, or a few hours before you come home from work. If you’re busy with planning an elaborate meal, set it to the desired time so that you don’t have to interrupt other preparations in order to start making fresh bread to serve alongside.
Automatic Keep Warm
Once the baking cycle has completed, bread stays warm for an hour. This feature adds even more convenience to the process; if your main course is not quite ready or you’re still waiting for some guests to arrive, you don’t have to worry about bread cooling before time to serve.
Multiple Menu Settings
Perhaps you’ve been around long enough to remember some of the first bread machines to hit the market. These were basic, for the most part – they mixed dough and baked bread using one setting. The Virtuoso bread maker offers an exciting upgrade, with ten menu settings that let you make a variety of recipes. Some, such as jam and meatloaf, are completely unexpected but welcome just the same! For vegetarians or vegans, use your favorite veggie loaf recipe and enjoy wonderful results. Menu options include:
- Basic – good for making a tasty loaf of white bread
- Gluten-Free – adjusts time, temperature, and other factors to handle gluten-free ingredients for outstanding results
- Basic Wheat – has an extended kneading time and works with whole wheat, rye, and other heavy flours
- Basic Dough – does not bake the loaf; simply preps the dough so you can shape loaves or rolls as you please.
- Quick and Quick Wheat – Settings for making breads that take less time to proof and bake.
- Quick Dough – Lets you make dough for rolls, pizza, or artisan breads; does the mixing and kneading for you.
- Jam – Makes jam from fresh, frozen, or canned ingredients. Once jam is cooked, you can store it in the refrigerator or freeze it for later use.
- Cake – No need to get a mixer and bowl dirty! Add your ingredients and let the bread maker do the mixing for you. Once the blending process is complete, just transfer your batter to the pan of your choice and bake it in the oven as recommended in your recipe. If you like, you can even let the bread maker bake your cake for you, resulting in a loaf-shaped cake that’s fun to serve. The cake course also lets you make yeast-free breads such as pumpkin, zucchini, and apple.
- Sour Dough Starter – Make delicious sourdough bread using custom temperatures and kneading procedures designed especially for this type of bread.
- Home Made – Set knead, rise, and bake time as desired; lets you customize and create three different memory settings you can use over and over to make your favorite recipes. Meatloaf, homemade pasta dough, and marble bread are just a few of the things you can make with this setting.
Three Crust Shade Options
Choose from light, medium, or dark for crust that suits your taste. Some of the machines I’ve tried result in loaves with crusts that are overly thick, undone, or even burned. This one delivers a delightful loaf each time, no matter which setting you’re using.
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Bread maker costs more than some other bread machines on the market, however in this case the old maxim that states “You get what you pay for” holds true. Despite the higher cost, it delivers outstanding value, allowing you to make a wide variety of baked goods from scratch, and putting you in the drivers’ seat as far as ingredients are concerned. With a wide variety of settings that let you make everything from basic bread to elaborate braided challah or crunchy artisanal baguettes, it also offers the advantage of allowing you to create jam, meatloaf, and even cake, replacing a variety of other appliances while adding convenience to your kitchen. Sturdy, attractive, and easy to use, it consistently receives top marks from those who own it. You can find the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Bread maker for sale at online retailers including Amazon.